I am open to being contacted about giving talks about autism, ADHD, and neurodiversity more generally, both from a personal and a research standpoint, and participating in outreach activities. I have previously given talks at Primary and Secondary schools, and have spoken about my research, and my experience of being an autistic teacher in higher education.
I am the current host of the PsychologiCALL podcast. All episodes for season 3 are available now (as well as the episodes from seasons 1 and 2 hosted by the original creator, Sue Fletcher-Watson). Season 4 is coming soon! Listen here, or find the podcast on your podcast app.
I have recently supervised a wonderful project student (Georgina Dayanc, an autistic Art and Psychology UG student) on a six-week placement on the Undergraduate Research Opportunities Programme at the University of Reading. As part of the placement, Georgina created season 1 of a podcast called NeuroDives: Diving into Neurodiversity, which focuses on all things autism, with a focus on the research priorities of autistic people and the autism community.
I have taken part in two podcast recordings for The Psychology Debrief. There are lots of fantastic episodes available, and you can find my episode about neurodiversity with Dr. Joe Bathelt and Dr. Sam Fairlamb here.
The second recording I participated in is about writing a thesis, and this will be available soon.
Dissemination and outreach activities
- Supervising an undergraduate project student to produce the NeuroDives: Diving into Neurodiversity podcast, 2022 (I am also guest host for an upcoming episode)
- PsychologiCALL season 3 and 4 podcast host, 2022
- The Psychology Debrief ‘Writing a thesis’ podcast recording, 2022
- The Psychology Debrief ‘Neurodiversity’ podcast recording, 2021
- THESIS symposium presentation “Being an autistic teacher in higher education”, 2021
- Journal Club organisation – SAD (Social, Affective, and Decision) Neuroscience (2018-2020)
- Conference organisation (Royal Holloway, University of London, postgraduate convention, 2019)
- Lab group presentation at UCL (2019)
- Talk on autism and my PhD research (at a London Secondary School, 2019)
- Autism Awareness Week presentation (at a London Primary School, 2018)
- Admin support for conference (The Cerebellum: Fundamentals and clinical neuroscience – cells, systems and behavior, 2018)